Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving is an annual holiday celebrating the harvest. During this time families prepare meals that mostly include turkey, stuffing, cranberry sauce, and much more!!! It is a time in which many families in the US and some in Canada cook and enjoy festive meals. In this blog I want to show you some pictures and videos from Thanksgiving day with my family. Since I am from Trinidad and Tobago where Thanksgiving is not celebrated, when I am in the US for this Holiday I rotate each year between my American family and my Trinidadian-American family that reside in Brooklyn New York. This year I went to Maratha's Vineyard with my American family and had a festive time.  For Thanksgiving dinner we made an 18 pound turkey, stuffing, mash potatoes, sweet potatoes, asparagus, and homemade cranberry sauce (mhm soo yummy). For the desert portion of the meal we made homemade cranberry and apple crisp, pumpkin pie, apple pie and a great blueberry pie. To top it off my mom got vanilla ice-cream and whip-cream.  This is my 8th Thanksgiving celebrated here in the United States and I'm truly thankful to be around such a festive celebration and good food! Below is a video of my family giving a shout out the Doc Chris Multimedia class and sharing what they are thankful for. Also pictures.  Enjoy!

                        HAPPY THANKSGIVING 

 Kitchen mid way through preparing for Thanksgiving
 Turkey YUM
 My brother cutting the Turkey...getting ready to EAT
 Dinner table!!!
Dinner table before the festivities began!

                         GIVING THANKS

No comments:

Post a Comment